G9 is the charitable benefactor for the Janesville Subaru Lake Mills Triathlon!
Gold In September (G9) is dedicated to growing awareness, inspiring action and funding research for childhood cancer. Gold is the national color for pediatric cancer and September is the recognized National Childhood Cancer Awareness month; together they make G9.
Did you know?
- Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
- Pediatric cancer rates are up more than 30% since 1975.
- Only 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget is allocated to childhood cancer.
- 95% of childhood cancer survivors struggle with life-long health issues and side effects, some fatal, as a result of the treatment that cured them.
- Only 3 new drugs have been approved in the last 20 years to specifically treat childhood cancers.
G9 funds early-phase clinical trials at leading pediatric oncology centers across the country. G9 believes in giving hospitals and researchers the support needed to conduct life-saving research to make safer, more effective therapies available to children now because kids can’t afford to wait.
Donate when you register for the race or click here to make a donation!